Monday, June 15, 2009

The Bachelorette: I Left My Heart on a Snowmobile



At least I couldn't predict Ed leaving. I have gotten to the point where I can tell what's going to happen next on these reality dating shows but today ABC won the battle. For once.

Let's start from the very beginning of the episode. Jillian takes the guys to Whistler. Snowy, beautiful, mountainous Whistler, Canada, adding the whiteness of this season. Michael, the break dance instructor, gets the first date. How much do break dance instructors get paid? How can this guy afford an apartment in New York City? So many questions, so little time. Oh wait, there's nothing but time but I guess Jilly doesn't want to talk about it.

The zipline across the river looked fun and safe. I bet a fall from that height onto the snowy river would just maim the person instead of killing the person instantly. Mike is full of energy, in fact, he might be too energetic. He is probably supplementing his dance teacher salary with drug pushing. He is way more into Jilly than she is into him. I think it's an age difference thing. Mike is like 5 years younger than Jillian. My bet is that she looks at him as the kooky younger brother instead of the gallant husband. She keeps him around though because he's a fun guy that adds some character to the otherwise white bread cast.

Next up is the group date which included "every Canadian woman's dream" of riding on snowmobiles through the woods with eligible bachelors. That is a pretty revealing statement about Canadians.

Robby and Reid are boring people. They are just kind of heads on sticks that blob along. Can't see them lasting on the show too much longer.

Kiptyn, despite his Mickey Mouse ears, appears to be the front runner to me. Our girl Jillian is smitten with the tan surfer dude. She doesn't even want to talk to the men and from the looks of it, the Kipper doesn't need to have any life changing convos with her.

Poor cartoon pilot Jake has not gotten any one-on-one time since the Marina McBride McConcert. I wish she wouldn't have a problem with his perfectness.

Jesse the winemaker from Carmel Valley had an interesting date on a glacier that seemed to consist of making patterns in the snow. I feel like it was mostly the producers telling them to run around and make snow angels. Ultimately, after surveying the immaculate scenery, they get into deep conversation which only seems appropriate considering the scenery. Nothing too groundbreaking. Oh Jesse, you had a girlfriend that you broke up with because you couldn't commit. But wait, a mere 6 months later you are in a place in your life where you can commit. How wonderful! Sounds like a guy trap to me.

Hot tub Harris gets another chance to show off her jacuzzi skills. I wonder what sort of workout plan she's on because Jilly is one skinny bitch. I did really like her green plaid bathing suit and once I go on The Biggest Loser, I plan to buy it. Actually, that was my favorite part of the show tonight because it seemed like the most natural Jilly and Jesse had been on that whole date. Maybe it was the alcohol combined with the chlorine, but whatever it was it was working.

Ed left, Jilly was sad. I didn't really see any sparks going on with the tech consultant. And like any self respecting computer geek, he ultimately choose his hard drive over his love connection. I hope he's happy with his spider solitaire.

Only one man was asked to leave this week. No surprise, Mark went home. Mark's beard grows back after like 5 minutes after shaving. I think he may be the Wolfman and Jilly suspected it and got rid of him before he could transfer his lycanthropy.

Possibly, the most entertaining part of the show tonight was the preview promising one of the guys having an intimacy issue. This is interesting for two reasons, 1. Will the Bachelorette face talking about sex directly to the public? And 2. Who does Jill hate enough to rat out? I can't wait. This is the reason they call it "funemployment".

No comments:

Post a Comment